Associate Professor, Core Faculty
Co-Director of Clinical Placement
Bobbi joined the faculty at Phillips in 2012 as adjunct faculty before transitioning to core faculty. As the co-director of Clinical Placement, Bobbi mentors students as they move into their practicum experience. She is an AAMFT-Approved supervisor in the counseling center (CalFam) for both (pre-graduate) trainees and associates where she enjoys mentoring pre-licensed therapists. She maintains an active private practice with offices in Sherman Oaks and West Los Angeles.
- M.A., Pepperdine University 2007, Clinical Psychology
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara 2002
- MFC 505—Family Therapy: Evolving Systemic Approaches
- MFC 528—Couple Therapy
- MFC 540—Professional Issues for MFTs
- MFC 504—Diversity and Social Justice
- MFC 503—Developmental Psychology
Practice/Areas of Focus
Rooted firmly in a postmodern perspective, Bobbi is a trauma specialist who incorporates emerging concepts from neuroscience, attachment theory, mindfulness, resiliency models, and somatic methods, including EMDR. Bobbi works with clients who struggle with complex symptoms that are often the result of systemic or adverse childhood experiences. Bobbi has specialized training in the following:
- Attachment-Focused EMDR
- Certified Partner Trauma Specialist (CPTS) for partners of sex addicts through APSATS (Association for Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists): Multidimensional Partner Trauma Model
- AAMFT-Approved Supervisor
- Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM), Certification Track
- Compassion Fatigue Professional (CCFP)
- Traumatic Stress Studies: Trauma Research Foundation (TRF), Certification Track
- Imago Relationship Therapy (Parts 1 and 2)
- Prepare-Enrich Premarital/Relationship Assessment
As a former art director, Bobbi works as a private practice business and marketing consultant for psychology professionals. She has developed a workshop—“Therapy is a Business”— to help graduate students, interns, and recently licensed therapists prepare for private practice.
Bobbi is an active member of the CAMFT, AAMFT, and both the SFV and WLA Chapters of CAMFT. She was also involved in the formation of the Parnell Institute, founded by Dr. Laurel Parnell, a leading expert in EMDR.