Associate Professor Emeritus
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
AAMFT Approved Supervisor
Kathy has been on the faculty at Phillips since 1978, as core faculty, clinical supervisor, curriculum coordinator, and briefly, as Department Chair. She officially retired in 2015, but continues to teach several courses, and supervise in the counseling center.
In addition to her career at Phillips, Kathy has helped thousands of pre-licensed MFTs to pass the California BBS licensing exams. She has offered study materials, workshops, and coaching since 1978, and has recently adapted her activity to all-online trainings.
- M.A., 2015, Phillips Graduate Institute
- B.A., 2011, University of California, Santa Barbara
- MFC600 Fundamentals of Addiction
- MFC520 Abnormal Psychology
- MFC521 and MFC522 Intro to Research II and Professional Project
- MFC529 Group Dynamics/Practicum
Practice/Areas of Focus
Hunter works extensively with populations such as Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, Spanish-speaking, LGBT, and Addiction/Recovery. He also works in a co-therapy team doing intensive work with families, couples, and systems.
- Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Member of the American Association of Marital and Family Therapy (AAMFT)